Cross Border Taxes for Workers
Petition to the Minister of Transport – Sign Online at:
- The Windsor International Airport (YQG) has become a success story after more than 20 years of investment and effort by the City of Windsor;
- The Windsor International Airport is a vital part of our economic and social community;
- The Windsor International Airport provides robust jobs on location and many jobs related to supporting, supplying and servicing;
- An uncontrolled Windsor International Airport would eliminate or severely jeopardize commercial passenger air travel creating significant economic repercussions;
- By removing the air traffic control tower, NAV Canada will not only be jeopardizing the safety of local airspace, but will undermine public safety of the shared Windsor-Essex and Greater Detroit Airspace that includes passenger, private, cargo and military usage;
- Any reduction in commercial air traffic will undermine families and cultural connections as Windsor-Essex is one of the most diverse communities in Canada with family members spread across the globe and air travel provides stability to these relationships;
- The Windsor International Airport is a thriving hub for the economy and has had decades of public and private investments to make this a crucial component for future economic development; and
- The Windsor International Airport is home to flight schools, training students and a corporate aviation centre, resulting in improved aviation competitiveness for all of Canada.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the Minister of Transport to cancel NAV Canada’s decision to consider closure, or reduction of services of the air traffic control tower at the Windsor International Airport, or explicitly express opposition to any decision or recommendation of this nature.